Founded in 1982 to preserve Alexandria’s maritime heritage, the non-profit Alexandria Seaport Foundation (ASF) began a new program back in 1993 known as the Apprentice Program. The Apprentice Program is still going strong over 25 years later and has become the Foundation's cornerstone job training program for at-risk young adults between the ages of 16-22. The Apprentice Program has provided disenfranchised young people the career, life and academic skills necessary to secure and maintain employment and/or enroll in post-secondary education. The program has impacted the lives of hundreds of … Read More » about Recipient Spotlight: Alexandria Seaport Foundation
Welcome to the Joseph E. and Marjorie B. Jones Foundation web site.
Our mission is to improve the lives of all people, but especially residents of the Washington, DC metropolitan region. We seek to accomplish this goal by providing grants to support projects and initiatives in the fields of education, health and human services.
- We believe that civic duty is not a choice; it is an important responsibility of living in a vibrant and progressive community.
- We believe that all individuals have inherent worth and dignity.
- We believe that given the right opportunities and resources, all people can improve their lives regardless of race, sex, religion or current social-economic condition.
- We believe that seemingly complex and insurmountable civic problems can be solved using cooperation, respect, hope and the combinations of physical, spiritual and financial resources.
- We believe that we must work as partners with other businesses and individuals in supporting the charitable institutions through which the Jones Foundation assists residents of Washington, DC and its surrounding communities.
- We strive to build partnerships that help us fulfill our mission of making a difference in the Metropolitan Washington, DC area.
- We preserve our credibility by remaining independent and objective.
- We vow that although our financial resources are limited, we will aid organizations that inspire, uplift and motivate.
- With our financial help, our grant awardees will foster progression of the individual and therefore, the community.
- We seek to support organizations that create strong and sustainable bonds of trust between those living in the communities we support, and the infra-structure of that community.