For over 50 years, The Downtown Cluster of Congregations, an ecumenical consortium of over 40 congregations in Washington, DC, has sought to collaboratively use its member congregations’ resources to support endeavors that aid the city’s elderly, homeless and youth. With services ranging from assistance for those with Alzheimer’s to the establishment of a community investment fund, The Cluster has used its congregation’s volunteers, facilities and finances to supply programs to improve the lives and futures of DC residents. “Ms. M” was homeless and living on the streets of … Read More » about Recipient Spotlight: Downtown Cluster of Congregations
Welcome to the Joseph E. and Marjorie B. Jones Foundation.
Our mission is to improve the lives of all people, but especially residents of the greater Washington, DC metropolitan region (DC/MD/VA). We seek to accomplish this goal by providing grants to support projects and initiatives in the fields of education, health and human services.
- We believe that civic duty is not a choice; it is an important responsibility of living in a vibrant and progressive community.
- We believe that all individuals have inherent worth and dignity.
- We believe that given the right opportunities and resources, all people can improve their lives regardless of race, sex, religion or current social-economic condition.
- We believe that seemingly complex and insurmountable civic problems can be solved using cooperation, respect, hope and the combinations of physical, spiritual and financial resources.
- We believe that we must work as partners with other businesses and individuals in supporting the charitable institutions through which The Jones Foundation assists residents of Washington, DC and its surrounding communities.
- We strive to build partnerships that help us fulfill our mission of making a difference in the greater Metropolitan Washington, DC region (DC/MD/VA).
- We preserve our credibility by remaining independent and objective.
- We vow that although our financial resources are limited, we will aid organizations that inspire, uplift and motivate.
- With our financial help, our grant awardees will foster progression of the individual and therefore, the community.
- We seek to support organizations that create strong and sustainable bonds of trust between those living in the communities we support, and the infra-structure of that community.